Download detailed profile
Apex Lingerie Limited (ALL) is setup as a specialized plant for brassieres and brassiere panty sets manufacturing and exporting to Europe and USA. It is a company under management of Apex Holdings Limited, a 23 years old group of 100% export oriented manufacturing enterprises in textiles, Knit apparels and frozen food in Bangladesh.
After extensive training for over a year under 8 expatriate experts from Triumph (Philippines), the project went into commercial production with a capacity of about 20,000 dozens / month in January 2000. Recently, it has expanded the capacity to 55,000 dozens / Month and moved into a new multistoried building. The sewing floor has been air-conditioned to maintain appropriate conditions for intimate apparels. The management, employees and workers of Apex Lingerie are trained to follow high quality standards and the compliance standards of ILO on workers rights & welfare, and the environmental laws.
Apex Holdings Limited (AHL), the group’s management company (see flow chart 1), AHL will provide services of computerized and networked data management, computerized payroll services, computerized accounting setup, internal audit services, computerized commercial documentation, and efficient office and display space, and Legal services. ALL will have its own accounts, commercial, merchandizing and purchase, administration and factory management.
* Pattern, sample and design department
* Cutting department o Molding & die-cutting section o Laminating section
* Sewing department
* QAD department
* Machine Maintenance & attachment-making department
* Captive power & steam generation
* Embroidery and printing facilities in Apex Spinning & Knitting Mills Limited and dyed yarn / thread from Apex Yarn Dyeing Limited Raw Materials source
* Both, imported and local, fabrics and accessories can be used if desired by the final buyer.
* Synthetic warp knit* or woven fabrics are imported under duty-free bonded warehouse facility.
* Cotton and cotton-elastine fabrics are locally made in Apex’s Knitting & dyeing plant. Yarn dyed strips, checks and other designs are being produced with dyed yarn from Apex Yarn Dyeing Limited.
* Narrow fabrics, such as, straps, trimming elastics, tapes etc are made in ALL’s backward linkage section. Yarn dyed narrow fabrics are also produced. * Under wires, Hook & eye tape, Ring & buckle and some special items are imported in bulks.
* Hangers, poly-bags, printed individual boxes, woven & printed labels etc are locally available to make various shop presentations.
* By end 2004, ALL will start commercial production of the warp knit fabric production section to become fully a vertical operation for intimate apparels.
Intimate apparels are unique because it has to accomplish the demand of anatomical function as well as meet the intimate fashion desires of the individual. During the last half of the 20th century intimate apparels broke away from the social constrains and became the domain of women. Brassiere and panty design has derived new vitality from the entry of large number of women into the work place and better health awareness. Modern brassieres are much lighter weight and fits comfortably to the contours of modern women. The concept of perfect fit brassiere evolved only in the last few decades from the new fabrics and CAD based designs. A modern brassiere is one that is manufactured to fit perfectly and yet fulfills your intimate fashion desires. Apex Lingerie Limited's philosophy is to produce modern brassiere for the modern women. ALL has focused on the mid to up market product quality, materials and styles, but at a lower to mid market price range.